Federal Technical and Vocational Education and Training institute east Africa skills for Transformation and Regional Integration Project (EASTRIP)
Tor for Monitoring and Evaluation expert
The World Bank is financing an EASTRIP is a regional project in three East African countries including Ethiopia, Kenya and Tanzania. The project aims to increase access, improve quality of technical and vocational education and facilitate regional integration. The objectives and results of the project will be achieved through
- Strengthening 16 selected Regional TVET flagship institutes out of which 7 are found in Ethiopia; and
- Federal TVETI is one of the institutes.
- Creating national TVET enabling environment and Enhancing regional collaborative capacity in TVET and project coordination. At the Institute level, the objectives of the project will be achieved through
- Strengthening governance and management
- Institutionalizing industry links;
- Developing market relevant and competency-based training programs;
- Training of TVET managers and teachers/trainers;
- Provision of key training facilities and equipment
- Outreach and support for non-project national TVET institutes
Scope of the work/assignment
The monitoring and evaluation specialist will be responsible for coordination and timely implementation and reporting of all M&E activities of the project. Responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership in. M&E to the TVET flagship institutes, Assist the Project-director to develop and implement the projects’ annual work plans and budgets.
- Facilitate TVET flagship institutes to monitor execution of annual work-plans and timely address matters arising.
- Ensure critical records for the project are well maintained including relevant clearances from the World Bank team
- Track implementation of key tasks, and responses and keep the Project Director updated on the same.
- Prepare and submit periodic project reports in accordance with the project’s results framework and M&E reports, for submission to MoSHE and the World Bank.
- Commence M&E planning, training and supervision of M&E activities in priority areas of TVET flagship institutes
- Undertake periodic review of the project operational manual, and ensure this is updated. Support in monitoring and timely execution of TVET flagship institutes Procurement Plan and procurement activities.
- Ensure the TVET flagship institutes contacts, including emailing list, are regularly up to date and the project’s website is up to date.
- Undertake any other functions related to the successful implementation of the project as directed by the Project Director.
Minimum Job Requirements
(a) Academic Qualifications
A minimum of Master’s Degree in fields related to TVET, Education or Master’s Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Project Planning and Management, Monitoring and Evaluation or TVET related or Engineering background in Manufacturing or Leather and leather Technology.
(b) Work Experience
- At least 5 years working experience of management of TVET program or leadership in TVET sector, Industry or academia.
- S/He must have served at least 5 years at a senior position in TVET program project management, preferably managing training and capacity building programs projects management, with track record of delivering key outputs in a timely manner.
- Monitoring and evaluation experience is a must.
- Familiarity with implementation of World Bank projects is an advantage.
- Knowledge of the TVET system as a senior technician is also an advantage
- Experience with donor funded project management and reporting procedures is required.
(c) Key competencies
- Leadership, conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Team player, who can guide and support co-workers.
- Proactive and action oriented.
- Knowledge of program /project monitoring and evaluation, as well as financial management.
- Conversant with TVET dynamics in Ethiopia.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, communication and report writing skills.
- Ability to dialogue with government, industry, international agencies and civil society leaders.
- Strong IT skills (Word, Excel, Power point Presentation).
- Excellent knowledge of English, Afan Oromo and Amharic languages — is an advantage.
- Time management, attention to detail.
Salary: Project Pay Scale of Ethiopian Government
Probation Period: 6 months
Contract period: 1 year with possibility of extension Deadline for submission with 10 working days from this announcement
Address: Federal TVET institute, first floor human resource administration section, on the main street from lamberet to wosen road.
Federal Technical and Vocational Educational and Training Institute