Oromia Environment, Forest and Climate Change Authority would like to invite qualified applicants for the following position;
Position: Private Sector Development Specialist
Required Number: One
Key duties and Responsibilities:
The Private Sector development Specialist ensures the participation of private sector in OFLP as one of the main partners to the Program as well as support the development and operationalization of private sector, in particular community natural resource-based enterprises and value chains.
- Under the guidance and oversight of the ORCU coordinator, leads public-private partnership discussions topromote private sector investments in the forest sector;
- Liaises with relevant national and regional bodies to promote private forest investments;
- Coordinates preparation of policy documents, strategies, and operational procedures for private sector engagement in the forest sector;
- Liaises regularly with domestic and international private sector and NGO actors to identify and capitalize on investment opportunities ensuring that these investment interests are in line with OFLP goals and safeguard polices;
- Plan and supervises private sector development activities in the OFLP joint annual work plan and budget;
- Preparation of generic guidelines for developing business plans and a template;
- Review of relevant public policy issues, regulatory framework, procedures for business, startups and provide practical recommendations;
- Coordinate and/or conducts forest based livelihoods assessment and identify most promising value chains to be prompted by OFLP;
- Supports community based forest management cooperatives to prepare a simplified business plans.
- Plans, coordinates, promotes and guides the development of private sector and businesses in OFLP.
- Supports the development of domestic and international markets for non-carbon forest ecosystem services to generate sustainable finance to scale-up OFLP.
- Supports partnership and network among private sector organizations (including associations representing, trade, producers, processers and investors) and other organizations interested in supporting private sectorand business development activities in forestry;
Promotes forest certification schemes to assure legality and traceability of timber and non-timber products;
Organizes, facilitates and participates in workshops, trainings and seminars on private sector development and business development and
Performs other tasks assigned by the organization Program Coordinator
Required skills, competence and experience:
The main skills, competencies and experience required by the Private Sector Development Specialist are summarized below:
- MSc/MA or BScIBA in the fields òfbusiness management, economics, finance or related fields;
- At least six years of relevant experience for MSc/MA or eight years for BScIBA;
- Experience working on and advising Private Sector
- Development / Market Development with a strong understanding of the private sector in Ethiopia and experience of working on donor-funded program is an advantage.
- Experience with communications in the development context;
- Experience in forestry project implementation is an important asset.
Duration of Contract: The Private Sector Development Specialist will be recruited initially for a period of 12 months, to be extended based on performance.
Remuneration: Attractive and negotiable based on applicant’s qualification and experience.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can submit their application and CV with non-returnable copies of supporting documents in 10 working days of this announcement to the Human Resource Management and Development Directorate of Oromia Environment, Forest and Climate Change Authority located at 7th floor Oromia Office premises Sarbet Area Finfinne.
Oromia Environment, Forest and Climate Change Authority