Oromia Regional State Disaster Risk Management Commission would like to invite qualified applicants for the position;
Position: Regional Technical Assistant
Duration of Assignment: One year with possibility of extension
Duty Station: Finfinne with Extensive travel to Project Zones and Woredas
Salary: Super attractive
Background of the position
The Regional Technical Assistant will be responsible for facilitating and coordinating the overall implementation of activities expected to contribute to the successful implementation of the project entitled “Strengthening Decentralized Disaster Risk Reduction Project in Oromiya Regional state” at regional, zonal and woreda level as pail of the Project Implementation Team in Oromiya Regional State Disaster Risk Management Commission.
The Regional Technical Assistant will work under the direction and guidance of the Disaster Risk Reduction and Early Warning directorate of ODRMC Commission. The post holder will work in close coordination and alignments with Funding Partner (EU), Government stakeholders, UN Agencies and other international and local NGO working in the region on disaster risk management streams.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Facilitate and coordinate overall project implementation at all level
- Support ODRMC in achieving objectives of DRR
- Report progress on DRR mitigation and/or adaptation; ensure the coherence of the capacity building intervention and DRR implementation with the overall line sectors from top to bottom (Region, zone and woreda level).
- Work closely in developing strong and effective working relationship with key partners including zone and woredas line sectors for the effectiveness and successfulness of Strengthening decentralized disaster risk reduction Management in the region.
- Provided required technical support and contribute towards the development of timely work plan of the woreda coordinators to support effective and efficient program implementation
- Participate in project planning mission, meeting and debriefing sessions to analysis problem and identify and give the solution
- Review the work plans of woredas and support the implementation process technically
- Liaise with all stakeholders at regional, zonal and woreda level, active member of relevant technical committees and task forces and closely work with the DRM counterparts at all level
- Prepare report on progress of programme implementation on monthly and quarterly basis; .
- Undertake other activities related to the project as required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Ensure adequate consultation and participation of Woreda and village/community level stakeholders ensuring active participation of women and youth during problem identification
- Ensure conducive working environment and enabling team spirit in the field.
- Ensure implementation of capacity building plans in close collaboration with the stakeholders.
- Identify and explore opportunities to improve project implementation and guarantee its sustainability
- Identify and explore opportunities to grow and expand the country project pipeline, both in relation to the current project or related to new project opportunities
- Contribute to the implementation of Strengthening Decentralized DRR strategy
- At least 8 years for degree and 6 years MAIBSC professional combined experience in the following fields: Disaster Risk Management, Economics, Natural Resource Management, Rural Development and environmental science,
- At least 5 years’ experience as team leader in positions in government sectors or NGO or UN agency
- Experience in managing/advising in addressing DRM issues, including drought management
- Field experience of four years with DRM issue ( DRR and Early Warning)
- Good communication skill and capacity to build quality working relationship
- Good computer skills (word, Excel, power point and different software applications
- Capacity to plan and organize own work with minimum supervision
- Good writing, and speaking skill of Afan Oromo is must and Excellent command of spoken and written English with a very good reporting, interpersonal and communication skills is essential and fluency in English1 both verbal and written, is required
How to Apply
Interested applicants physically present and must submit their CVs, letter of motivation and supporting documents to:
Oromiya Disaster Risk Management Commission
Human Resource Directorate
Address:-Saris Near Ethiopian Grain Trade Bishoftu Road
Only short listed candidates will be contacted