Ministry of Agriculture would like to invite qualified applicants for the following position;
Position: Senior Transformational Expert – Nutrition Sensitive agriculture
Required Number: One
Workplace: Addis Ababa
Salary: as per company scale
Analyze and provide independent opinion on NSA project strategies, plan, and detailed work plan for impact, ease and risk of implementation.
- Promote the incorporation of appropriate nutrition objectives and indicators in to agriculture strategies and programs of different agricultural sectors both for federal and regional offices.
- Establish national transformation platforms to promote changes and to challenge the status quo by providing strategic alternatives to deliver on the outcome of the project
- Develop a scaling up plan and programs of NSA based on learning from the NSA program and other successful national and international practices.
- Coordinate partnership and lead resource mobilization for nutrition programming in the agriculture sector.
- In collaboration with FNCO, coordinate effective annual planning, budgeting and reporting activities for Gates NSA Capacity Strengthening project and projects of other partners.
- Identify and analyze critical technical issues directly related to design and implementation of interventions.
- Proactively engage with other directorates of MOA, development partners, and donor organizations to develop evidence based context specific nutrition-sensitive agriculture interventions.
- Coordinate public-private stakeholder and alignment on NSA strategies and deliverables
- Facilitate NSA and regional level advocacy forums, panel discussion, review meetings and other workshop of ministry.
- Conduct supervision and regular monitoring of NSA project programs implemented by MOA and the partners.
Design and implement nutrition and other staff capacity building strategies.
- Provide any other technical and advisory support needed for effective implementation of NSA and all other NSA projects.
- Ensure effective regular communication and reporting with the-various government offices, and key public, private and development partner stakeholders.
- Provide project management advice to Director of NSE and Other Partners
- Ensure MLE design and deliverables are consistent with project objectives and national strategies.
Required Qualification and Experience
- MSc /PHD in Food Science and Nutrition, Food Engineering, Food Processing, Agriculture
- At least 8/6 years of professional experience
- Experience on Leading National level projects
- Solid work experience in managing changes related to human resource structure, organizational capacity development, system strengthening
- Deep understanding of Ethiopia’s Agricultural sector, with a broad perspective on how public, private and non-government organization operate in the system.
- Understanding of the Global Nutrition Initiatives, National Nutrition Agendas, and
- Agriculture to Nutrition Linkages is preferable
- Specific experience in planning, prioritizing, sequencing, managing, and problem-solving and reporting o implementation of projects
- Experience on Promotion of data-driven and evidence-based problem solving and decision making
- Strong team player with excellent relationship building and communication skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
How to apply
interested applicants can submit their CV and original testimonials with non-returnable copies of other credentials to Human Resource and Administration Directorate within 5 days of this announcement on website and newspaper
Address: Around Gurd sholla adjacent to agricultural research institute. Federal
Democratic Republic of Ethiopia Ministry of Agriculture Block A 2nd Flour Human Resource and Administration Directorate Office no 22.
Tell :- 0116461705 .