Oromia Regional Health Bureau have planned to recruit potential candidate for the following two positions stated below, interested candidates are invited to submit their documents.
Position: TB and HIV Technical advisor Grade II
Duty Station: Addis Ababa
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under direct supervision of TB program coordinator and disease prevention and control core process owner or directorate director, a regional TB and HIV technical advisor will undertake the following:-
- Provide technical support in all aspects of TB and TB/HI V to respective Regional Health Bureau (RHB), to achieve the planned targets.
- Prepare GF disbursement plan for respective RHB based on detailed activity plan and budget and provide follow up implementation support, in conjunction with grant management and finance team.
- Regularly update RHB heads, TB/HIV team, and disease prevention and control directorate on grant transfer and implementation status, pending requirements and the way forward in respective region.
- Follow and facilitate verification of quarterly and annual TB/HIV programme reports, provide written feedback to RHB/zonal health department woreda health office/health facilities to strengthen data quality and use in the respective region.
- Coordinate and involve in TB and TB/HIV Monitoring and Evaluation, including organizing M&E training and mentoring of WHOs TB/HIV programme focal persons based on recent updates.
- Participate and contribute in mapping TB key population in the region and engagement of all care providers, and TB/1-IIV regional technical working groups, forums, meetings, workshops to strengthen respective regions TB/HIV program and to ensure the ministry’s directions in any partnership forums
Educational background and work experiences:
BSc degree in Health and 12 Years of experience OR MD and 7 Years of experience OR MSc and 9 years OR MD+MPH and 4 Years. At least 4 years on TB/HIV program at various level
Excellent in supporting R.HBs, zone and Woreda health of facility staff regarding TB, TB/HIV and DR-TB program.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships national and regional levels.
Computer literacy; Solid computer skills in MS-Office applications, including MS Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint, internet and email systems required,
Language:- Fluency in Afan Oromo is mandatory
Oromia Regional State Health Bureau
Position 2. Zonal TB and TB/HIV program officer: Grade-I
Duty Station: West Shoa zone health office (Ambo)’
Duties and responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of the FMOH/RHB, Disease prevention & health Promotion core process owner of respective zonal health department, the
- Community based TB care program officer will be in charge of the following main duties and responsibilities:-
- Assist zonal health department and woreda health offices in developing TB and TB/HIV and community Based TB prevention and care detailed plan in line with the RHB plan, involving all stakeholders including development partners
- Support ZHD, woreda health offices and health facilities in conducting need assessment for trained human resources on TB in respective zonal and woreda health institutions.
- Organize, coordinate and facilitate training sessions and experience sharing forums on community based TB prevention & care at zonal health department and woreda health office levels.
- Support zonal health department to ensure the participation of all health posts on training sessions on community based TB prevention & care
- Support ZHD and woreda health offices in monitoring the proper utilization of anti-TB drugs and medical supplies, logistics and the financial support received from RHB, ZHD and partners to strengthen TB & leprosy control program
- Support ZHD and woreda health offices in organizing, coordinating and facilitating program specific review meetings on the implementation of TB & leprosy prevention and control program activities.
- Participate and contribute to the tasks of regional level forums, meetings, workshops when community based TB care is the agenda item and if the officer is invited by the respective Rl-IB
- Assist zonal health department and woreda health offices in strengthening HMIS through collection and analysis of TB & leprosy data and ensure data use for continuous quality improvement at zonal, woreda and health network level
- Provide technical support to zonal health departments and woreda health offices on monitoring the flow of data and reports on TB & leprosy control between health facilities and offices including health to improve HMIS implementation.
- Provide technical support in all aspects of TB, Leprosy and TBIHIV control to respective Regional Health Bureaus, to achieve the planned targets.
- Follow and facilitate the verification of the biannual reports, annual GF related assessments, audit and Evaluations.
- Perform other TB and leprosy control program related duties as requested by
- ZHD/RFIB and the national TB & leprosy control program.
BSc Degree in Health and 10 years of experience Or MD degree and 5 Years of Experience Or M.Sc. degree and 8 years of experience
Other required skills:
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with National TB and leprosy control program (NTP) and RHB staffs
Computer literacy: Solid computer skills in M S-Office applications, including MS Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint, internet and email systems required.
Language:- Fluency in Afan Oromo ¡s mandatory
Salary: – For Both position based on Global fund salary scale legible applicants should come in person and apply for only one position by having original education certificate, experience and signed Curriculum vitae and application with copy,
Place of registration: – Oromia Regional Health Bureau, Finfine Sarbet Oromia building 3rd floor human resource and administration department within seven(7) working day from the date of this announcement on the newspaper and websites.
Only legible applicants will be called for exam on the convenient date
For more information bureau Human resource phone number: 011-83-46- 392
Oromia Regional State Health Bureau