The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Second Ethiopian Urban Supply and Sanitation Project (SUWSSP) would like to invite qualified consultants for the following project.
Project Title: Wastewater Management Specialist (individual Consultant)
The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia obtained financing from the World
Bank toward the cost of the Second Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Project (SUWSSP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consultant services.
Scope of Project
- The scope of services shall include all services necessary to achieve the objectives described above and in so doing shall execute at least the following key tasks.
- Preparation of project concepts for expanding sanitation services in the City covering the full sanitation service chain.
- Preparation of design guidelines for the design of sewerage systems and wastewater treatment plants.
Evaluation of technical proposal during tender evaluation of wastewater management infrastructure study and design services and construction works.
- Review of reports and documents: The wastewater management specialist shall ensure that feasibility studies and detail designs that are carried out by consultants is in accordance with the TOR and accepted engineering practices, and review all documents submitted including inception reports, feasibility studies and detail designs.
The wastewater management specialist will be required to complete the services within one year from the date of the effectiveness of the contract and subject to renewal if necessary.
Payments should be on monthly basis according to the respective project progress reports submitted, and availability of individual consultant as stated above.
All kind of insurances need to be covered by the individual Consultant. Price adjustment will not be considered. .
Required Qualification and Experience.
The specialist should have minimum of relevant University degree for wastewater collection, treatment and disposal, or the equivalent combination of education.
Minimum of ten years professional experience in wastewater collection, treatment and disposal. The applicant is required to have skills in in-depth process design and operational cost calculation, good understanding of how to translate the output of the calculation and cost analysis into a standard bidding document..
- Sound practical judgment, strong networking, communications, negotiating and interpersonal skills
- Skills, and experience in negotiating with a variety of stakeholders.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Experience as Waster management Specialist and their capability on the basis of academic background, general and relevant experience, and knowledge of local condition
How to Apply
Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the individual consultant selection method set out in the Consultant Guidelines. Knowledge of country’s working language is an advantage.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 8:30 am to 12 noon in the morning and from 2:00 to 5:00 pm local time in the afternoon.
Expressions of interest (including recent and compressive CV application and other relevant supporting documents) must be delivered in written form to the address below in person or by mail until April 17, 2020 before 4:00pm
Address: Attn: Mrs. Mestawot Abebe, Procurement Support Process A.A.W.SA Water and Sanitation Infrastructure Development Division.
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Lideta sub-city kebele 04 around lideta condominium on the left side of lideta menafesha
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia